Wherever precise product moisture is required, the inline moisture analysers provide the users with the necessary information. The continual availability of product properties allows for easy adjustment of the production process to ensure a high standard of product quality. The moisture content of the material used or produced is of utmost importance because it must be neither too wet nor too dry, independent of the application.
- Extremely fast and precise moisture measurement
- No influence by colour and form of the material to be measured
- Independent of density
- Long-time stability
- Fast and early detection of troubles
- Contact (MM 6000) or non-contact (MM 6000 VS) measurement, depending on the customer’s requirements
- Non-contact measurement of endless materials (MM 6000 VS)
- Suitable for continuous and discontinuous material flows
- Continuous measurement of the moisture content of endless materials (MM 6000 VS)
The MM 6000 series measuring systems provide precise measuring results. Measurement is conducted inline, independent of density, surface structure and colour of the material measured. Due to the deep penetration of the microwave field/signal into the product, the water, which is physically bound, is determined by the sensor‘s detuning and attenuation of the frequency of resonance.
Measurement is done either by contact of the material with the measuring head/sensor (MM 6000) or in a noncontact way by a slit sensor (MM 6000 VS). The non-contact measuring method is suitable for both continuous (MM 6000 VS) and non-continuous (MM 6000 VS LMS) material flows.
- Measurement of the total of core and surface moisture
- Optical changes (colours or reflections) do not affect the measuring results
- Suitable for fast processes due to short measuring times
- Easy, intuitive operation
- Online support via GreCon SATELLITE
An MM 6000 (up to 70 °C) and MM 6000 XT (< 140 °C) is preferred in this position. At the dryer outlet after the rotary valve in the drop chut, the moisture values can be used to control and regulate the dryer. References exist for particle board and MDF-applications.
The use of a moisture analyser in or after the forming line gives final data about the moisture of the spread chip or fibre mat. Control of upstream processes of chip or fibre processing are possible.
The finished panels are checked inline for the predetermined moisture values. Thus, it is ensured that the panels are supplied to the end customers with the right moisture. MM 6000 VS is preferred in this position.
The material (e.g. MDF, OSB or chips) passes equaly the sensor. The preferred sensor is MM 6000.
The systems provide analog outputs (4 to 20 mA) for the visualisation of moisture content and temperature as well as for data transfer to a PLC/software. Furthermore, they are equipped with digital outputs for alarming upon exceeding of limiting values as well as digital inputs for measurement control.
GreCon measuring systems are generally equipped with the online support GreCon SATELLITE. On demand, this system provides safe and fast remote support. Each online support is logged and stored in the system’s history.
Moisture measurement in the production of
- Gypsum board
- OSB board
- Mineral fibre
- Impregnated paper
- Decor paper