The hygiene industry produces important everyday commodities. Sanitary towels, napkins, incontinence products or floor cloth use airlaid as absorbent core. Airlaid is produced from cellulose and binding agents. It is not processed in water, as usual in the production of paper, but in dry condition in a so-called compressed air method. Therefore the term ”airlaid“.
The processing of cellulose by hammer mills, the forming process by air flow and the drying of the material hold a high risk of fire.
A GreCon spark detection and extinguishment system significantly increases the safety and protection of the production facilities. It detects sparks in time and automatically extinguishes them - and has done so successfully for more than 40 years.
- Hammer mills
- Fibre opening
- Extraction systems
Due to the fine grinding of the mostly combustible materials, single sparks or overheated particles are sufficient for an ignition. Defective machine parts, foreign bodies or high process temperatures can cause overheating, sparks or glowing embers that can cause fire and dust explosions in the mechanical and pneumatic conveying facilities and downstream filters, silos and bins.
A fire or an explosion can have serious consequences for your company:
- Injury and loss of human life
- Damage to machines, transport facilities and storage space
- Production interruptions
- Loss of income
- Repair / Replacement costs due to damaged machines
- Loss of customers
To protect your production, your staff and your machines against fire and explosions, GreCon offers you…
- a fast, reliable spark extinguishing system which is especially adapted to your production
- the detection of sparks and glowing particles in the areas at risk
- the immediate automatic diversion of sparks out of the conveying system or water or gas
- extinguishment – in 99 percent of cases without production interruption
- recording of events down to the millisecond to help identify the cause of a problem